Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day 13: so i suck at the everyday blogging

So why have I been slacking on the blogging you ask...

Thursday was my "free day" because I went to a concert Thursday night and didn't get home til 11:30ish, so by that time, I was in no mood to blog. Yesterday was Allison's birthday and a huge group of us went bowling. SO MUCH FUN!!! I don't know why we don't go bowling more often. OH! Plus, since I have been working out, I fit back into my cute demin skirt (the one in the smaller size!). I'm telling you all this because Allison wanted to rock tube socks and shorts and I said I'd totally be down. So she and I talked about it for the past 2 weeks, easily, and then last night no one else actually rocked the socks except Kara. Everyone thought Allison was just joking. Who jokes about tube socks??? So Allison rocked the socks and shorts and I rocked the socks and skirt! I wouldn't have been able to do that 2 weeks ago. But I have gotten off the topic...

Well bowling was at 9pm and I knew I had to work out. So Nicole T and I went to Bally's and lifted after work and by the time I got home at 7 and got ready, it was time for me to run out the door and not blog. I SWEAR I will post my calorie updates and fitness updates from the last two days and part of today's later. Tonight I'm heading out to dinner for Anthony's birthday and I saved cheat meal for this.

So as I told my MSMers, I'm so proud of myself! I managed to not eat ANY of the bowling alley junk food and I didn't have a single drink (let me tell you, this no drinking thing is not easy. I am trying to remember how I went the 87 days last time)! I did my abs this morning and I'm gonna do my cardio before the dinner and after apartment hunting this afternoon.

Being good is so hard but so worth it in the end, and that's all I have to remember. I have lost 7lbs in 13 days so far and I fit back into my Express high waisted wide leg work pants again. 9 more pounds and I'm back to my lowest weight. Then the REAL journey begins. I was looking at my Week 1 and Week 2 pictures I took (yeah I'm still debating when/if i want to post these pics) and it's crazy how much of a difference you really can see. I'm thinking maybe when I drop down my 9lbs, I'll post the old pics and the new ones. I just don't fully feel comfortable posting pictures yet. I mean, I'm only wearing a sports bra and spandex shorts that I scrunch up, so it's kind of Biggest Loser-esque (ps, I only have spandex shorts to throw under other shorts or to work out in, in the privacy of my own home. Although, I do admit, when I was close to my lowest weight, I did wear those out jogging once, but it was kind of ok).

Anyway, I'm excited to get down that next 9lbs. I'm hoping that will only take me another 2-3 weeks to get there.

No comments: