Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Day 3: When Life Hands You Lemons...

So I had a slight curveball thrown at me today. I had a nice little plan all set out last night. I was gonna get up, left, go to work, grab lunch out (my 1 day this week) with Nicole, and then have my free training session at Bally's at 5:30.

Well, I was in so much pain this morning from cramps (not from working out) that I just could not bring myself to lift. I didn't want to hurt anything else more. I ended up running late to work, and I just barelt sit down and catch my breath when I find out we HAVE to work mandatory overtime TONIGHT. Well, there just went lunch and my training session. I was completely bummed and I let it get to me and my diet, at first. I know I didn't do as well as I could have today, but I worked with what I could. My lead picked me up some lunch, and I made sure I picked something that I could split into 2 meals and I still had my snacks. I also decided that I couldn't give up my goals already, so I sucked it up and went to the gym at 8:45PM (that's when I got out of work). I actually did my full 2 circuits too! It only sucks because I got home at 10:15, and i'm so exhausted, but I'm also trying to wind down. I will say, if I can walk tomorrow, I'll be impressed. Holy smokes. 2 circuits of lifting kinda sucks.

In the end, it turns out I was somewhat better prepared than I thought, but I can't let work completely interfere with the rest of my life! Work is work, I have only one body and that is gonna be with me til I die.

Here's the breakdown for today-
Workout
Abs Circuit ( all 1 set; 1 circuit)
Standing Crunch- 20lbs- 15 reps
Pulse Ups- 12 reps
Saxon Side Bend- 8lbs each arm- 10 on each side
Side Bridge- 1 on each side- about 30 seconds
Back Extensions- 12 reps

Total Body Lifting (2 sets; 2 circuits)
Squats- 30lbs each circuit- 12 reps
Bench Press- circuit 1 (did an incline press machine) 37.5lbs 10 reps; circuit 2- bar- 10 reps and 8 reps
Pulldown- 50lbs both circuts- 10 reps
Military Press- circuit 1 on machine 25lbs 10 reps; circuit 2 30lbs for 10 reps, 24lbs for 8
Upright Row- circuit 1 dumbbells 12lbs each arm- 10 reps; circuit 2 bar for 20lbs and 10 reps
Tricep Pushdown- 30lbs both circuits
Wall Sit- 60 seconds for both circuits
Bicep Curl- 30lbs on machine for 10 reps; circuit 2; 15lbs each arm for 8 reps; 12lbs each arm 8reps
Leg Curl- 50lbs both circuits- 10 reps

Food Totals-
Water- 80oz
Coffee- 8oz

Calories- 1640 (ok TECHNICALLY this falls in the calorie range, but I feel like that is SO HIGH for me)
Fat- 30.25
Fiber- 28.5
Protein- 91 (getting better!)

No comments: